I consider this blog to be a personal record of my life. It’s like an online diary. Sometimes I like to browse my archives looking for stuff that I wrote months or years ago or just look at pictures that I took. I can get nostalgic every now and then… Recalling things I did in the past always makes me realize how amazing my life actually is. And I’m so grateful that I can live my life the way I want to live it. It’s a rare luxury and I’m fully aware of that.
Obviously, this blog wouldn’t exist if I didn’t like sharing parts of my life too. In this short post I wanted to share a few more personal things. Previous posts have always been about the things that I do, but never about who I am. Because, as surprizing as this may sound, it’s not a machine that created this website and writes posts… I’m a real-life person!
Here are eleven facts you didn’t know about me.
- I used to (video)tape every National Geographic show on TV. I still have the video cassettes somewhere in a drawer.
- I’m left-handed.
- I don’t have any desire to visit Japan. It just doesn’t do anything for me.
- I won a national drawing contest when I was a kid. We had to color draw a great tit. Luckily tits happened to be my favorite bird species. (No pun intended at all and I’m not joking, it really is true.) My prize was a book about western European animals. I loved it.
- I’m scared of heights.
- Although I can appreciate almost every music genre, my favorite kind of music is rock and metal. I’m a major Iron Maiden and AC/DC fan and I grew up listening to Metallica and Nirvana. Guitars are awesome!
- When I was younger I was completely fascinated by dinosaurs. I know this sounds extremely geeky, but I have read dozens of books about them. I even considered studying geology or archaeology in college.
- Talking about college, I skipped a lot of classes in college. In fact, there are some classes I skipped completely. Never went to a single lecture.
- Yet, despite not being a model student, I hold a Master’s degree in biotechnology.
- I don’t like being the center of attention. Character-wise, I’m definitely an introvert.