When I came home from Australia in the summer of 2011, my head was filled with all these new travel ideas. I even wrote down a list of the ten things that I wanted to do at some point in my life. By now I have checked a couple things off that list and although this list still applies, my priorities have shifted a little bit.
For example, I still want to travel from Moscow to Beijing on a train and I also still would like to go explore the cradle of civilization in the Middle East. However, these are some of the things that have dropped a few places on my travel wish list. (I hate the concept of bucket lists.)
It’s been two years since I wrote down that list after all, and at this moment there are a bunch of other destinations that I’d rather visit first.
A New Travel Wish List
- 15. See the Northern Lights
- 14. Photograph All Covered Bridges in Vermont, USA
- 13. Visit the Ancient Trading Cities of the Middle East/Central Asia
- 12. Travel from Moscow to Beijing on the Transmongolia Express
- 11. Summit 100 Mountains
- 10. Road Trip across the USA
- 9. Set Foot on Antarctica
- 8. Hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
- 7. Take a Sunset Photo of the Temples of Bagan
- 6. Visit Jordan
- 5. Finish My Loop around Australia
- 4. Travel the Adriatic Sea Coast
- 3. Witness the Great Migration
- 2. Watch Wildlife in Alaska, USA
- 1. Drive the Ring Road in Iceland
15. See the Northern Lights
14. Photograph All Covered Bridges in Vermont, USA
13. Visit the Ancient Trading Cities of the Middle East/Central Asia
12. Travel from Moscow to Beijing on the Transmongolia Express
11. Summit 100 Mountains
10. Road Trip across the USA
9. Set Foot on Antarctica
8. Hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
7. Take a Sunset Photo of the Temples of Bagan
6. Visit Jordan
5. Finish My Loop around Australia
4. Travel the Adriatic Sea Coast
3. Witness the Great Migration
2. Watch Wildlife in Alaska, USA
1. Drive the Ring Road in Iceland
It looks like I still have some traveling to do though. GREAT!
Been There, Done That
There are two reasons I created this new travel wish list:
1. As a personal motivation and reminder to actually go visit these places;
2. I love making lists (See, I even made a short list of reasons why a made a list).
The pictures in this post are either my own or available through the Creative Commons license on Flickr.